Thursday, March 3, 2011

Family Journal

I bought a new journal at the Hallmark store yesterday. I knew I didn't need one but I couldn't resist Snoopy. So, I decided to make this journal a "family" journal.



The journal will be left on the small kitchen table so anyone can write or draw in it whenever they feel the urge... I'm hoping to capture a picture of who we are with all of our words and drawings.

Last night, Asher and I were reading "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" and we came across a great quote. I mentioned I was going to have to write it down in the journal. Asher jumped up and got the journal. He wanted to write it down himself.

Therefore, the first entry in our family journal is... "I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." -Sherlock Holmes

Lil made her first entry this morning... Ironically, she drew lightning. She is terrified of lightning. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment