Monday, January 24, 2011

Abundance

This challenge has been such an eye-opener for me. From the initial excitement of reaching a goal to the panic attack because of certain failure, I have learned so much about myself and others. The best part of friendship... the sharing part... has been shown in abundance to me and my family.

Sharing has been shown to me through your money-saving recipes, hints on using coupons, and potlucks on "Game Night." A dear friend advised me on my taco and chili seasoning blunder (buying it by the packet) and bought me the canister version of both from Sam's! My sister and I have continued our meal-sharing on Wednesday nights... taking into consideration each others budgets. I have also benefited from my dad's chickens and their nutritious eggs.

In my blog post, Down to the Last Penny, I told you how I had no meat left in my freezer. Not anymore... due to a friend's generosity.

I took pictures for a friend's "Sweet 16" party for her daughter. She wanted to pay me but I wouldn't let her. She is a great friend who goes above and beyond the call of duty in being a mama to her five children. After taking pictures for a few hours Saturday night, I packed up my gear and headed out to my car. I wanted to tell my friend "goodbye" but she was nowhere to be found. As I was about to pull away, I saw her coming out her front door waving her hand at me. I rolled down my window to say "goodbye" and she said (while putting a brown grocery bag into my front seat), "I want you to have this." I told her, "I don't need anything. My work tonight was free of charge." She insisted I take her gift. "It's steaks and hamburger meat for your challenge. It's from my dad's beef cattle."

Now, thanks to generosity... I'm stocked on hamburger for three or more months!

I am so thankful for the abundance in my life. Especially, the abundance of friends. Thanks, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment