Sunday, January 16, 2011

Down to the last penny...

Well, almost! I had 43 cents left after my little trip to Kroger yesterday.

I counted my money before I entered the store. I was determined to stay in my budget for at least another week! I had $13.44.

I had on my list: parmesan cheese, milk, bread, eggs, a packet of taco mix, tortilla chips, and half-n-half, and bananas. I didn't buy the half-n-half... we still had enough for a few mornings. I bought a half gallon of regular (not organic) milk instead of organic milk. I bought bread (still no high fructose corn syrup and still stone ground whole wheat) that was 40 cents cheaper than my regular whole wheat bread and... grand total... $13.01!

We ate a delicious dinner of spaghetti. I only used about a 1/3 of a pound of ground beef with some sausage and used the rest of the ground beef for the taco soup I took to church potluck today!

Now, the challenge of this week looms... with no meat left in the freezer I am going to have to get creative. We don't eat a lot of meat but it is nice to serve at least 4 evenings a week. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to go check my freezer but would
    gladly trade some deer meat for some honey!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete