Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Change Up

The Hamlin family enjoyed a delicious dinner last night... but it wasn't what was on the menu.

We were blessed enough to be invited over to a friend's house on Monday night to watch football and play Qwirkle... the kids' schools would be closed again on Tuesday because of the icy roads. We enjoyed a wonderful supper of beans and cornbread. Again, every family contributed to the community meal.

Tuesday morning I put three chicken quarters into the crockpot with chicken seasoning, a pinch of salt, pepper, and a small pat of butter. By 5 pm, the chicken was falling off the bone! It was so tasty! I can't believe I have never made crockpot chicken before now!

I have one chicken quarter left to make chicken and dumplings. Instead of having that meal on Friday night, I might have to serve them tomorrow night because I might be too low on leftovers to make a meal of LOs for Thursday night! I am also skipping beans and cornbread because we've already eaten them this week.

I'm thinking of substituting spaghetti for beans and cornbread because I think I have all of the ingredients in my pantry. I went shopping Monday and spent $47.53. I'm cutting it close... Luckily, I still have $8 and some change from last week. I thought I might be able to "splurge" on some ice cream... but better save it for a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment